The Judicial Services Bureau oversees the warrants, civil, and court security functions.
Warrants and Civil Unit
Personnel assigned to the Warrants and Civil Unit are responsible for serving criminal warrants and civil papers and maintaining the Sheriff’s Office link with state and national crime information databases. Deputies assigned to this unit serve on task forces for sex offender registries, participate in regional warrant “round-ups”, and include a specialized fugitive investigator.
The Warrants and Civil Unit is responsible for registering and verifying sex offender movements throughout the county. Click HERE to research registered sex offenders in Rockdale County.
Warrant information cannot be given over the phone. We can only advise if a person has a warrant in person and with identification.
The Warrants and Civil Unit operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The RCSO Records Unit maintains all incident, accident and arrest records for incidents, accidents and arrests that occurred and were worked or conducted by a RCSO deputy. The Records Unit maintains jailing information on individuals booked into the Rockdale County Jail.
To request a copy of any records maintained by the RCSO, please click here.
Court Security Unit
The Courthouse Security Unit is trained in X-ray scanners, cameras, and alarm systems to improve courthouse security. This unit is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day security of the courthouse and court security functions. This division serves as the formal liaison with the judge of each court.
Deputies are assigned throughout the courthouse complex and court offices for security.
Driving Directions to the Rockdale County Courthouse:
From Interstate 20, take Exit 82, (GA Highways 20 & 138) and go North (towards Monroe). Turn left on Main Street. The courthouse complex is bordered by Main Street, Milstead Avenue and Pine Street.
Courthouse Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Firearms including air guns
Any weapon toy or tool designed to fire a projectile.
- Cutting implements, including knives , scissors, fingernail files or clippers.
- Chemical agents
Any irritating agents
Only approved personnel may bring tools into the courthouse.
- Cell phones.
Cell phones may be brought into the courthouse, however some judges will allow them in their court rooms while others do not. Please be aware that you may be asked to return your phone to your vehicle. Courthouse deputies will not be responsible for securing your cell phone while you are in the courthouse.
This is not an all-inclusive list. Deputies responsible for security may determine the suitability of any item brought into the Courthouse.
Civil Paper Fees:
- Serving copy of process and returning original, per copy — $50.00
- Action from another county, to be paid in advance — $50.00
- Summoning each witness — $10.00
- Each levy or writ of fieri facias — $50.00
- Search and return of nulla bona — $20.00
- Serving summons of garnishment or rule against garnishee — $50.00
- Commission on sales property
On sums of $50.00 or less – – 8%
On access above $50.00 up to $550.00 — 6%
For all sums exceeding $550.00, on excess — 6%
No commissions shall be charged unless property is actually sold
- Making out and executing titles to land — $50.00
If presented by purchaser — $20.00
- Executing bill of sale to personal property, when demanded by purchaser — $20.00
- Forthcoming bonds — $13.00
- Serving process against tenant over or intruder upon land to dispossess them — $25.00
- For dispossessing tenant or intruder — $25.00
- Taking and returning counter-affidavit when summary process to dispossess tenant or intruder is resisted — $13.00
- Settling each execution in his or her hands, settled without sale — $20.00
- Levying an attachment — $50.00
- Collecting tax fi. fas. $100.00 or less, each — $10.00
- Collecting tax fi. fas. over $100.00, each — $20.00
Criminal History Form Request
Download / Print Criminal History Request form: criminal history form
- ALL fields must be completed
- $10.00 — cash only (no debit cards or checks)
- Picture ID required
- Bring completed form and $10.00 to RCSO Administration Building 911 Chambers Drive