Major Mike Kinlein began his career with the Sheriff’s Office in 1985 as a detention deputy, immediately after high school. During his 29 year career with the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office he has served in many different capacities and leadership roles. Major Kinlein worked his way through the ranks in Field Services and served as the Court Services Commander. He was promoted by Sheriff Levett to manage the Jail Bureau in February 2013. He is admitted to practice law in all Georgia Courts including the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court and the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia.
Major Kinlein has earned various degrees which include the following:
- Juris Doctor from John Marshall Law School
- Master of Public Administration degree from Columbus State University
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Emory University
- Associate of Arts degree from Oxford College of Emory University
- He also holds several POST certifications that include Field Training Officer, General Instructor, as well as Management and Supervisory certifications.
He was the Salutatorian of his Georgia Law Enforcement Command College graduating class, the class president of the 56th session of the North Central Georgia Law Enforcement Academy, managed the initial successful effort to state certify the Sheriff’s Office in accordance with the Georgia Chiefs and Sheriffs certification program, served as an executive board member of the Georgia Police Accreditation Coalition and is a former chairperson of Rockdale Emergency Relief.
Major Kinlein is extremely proud of the 118 personnel of the Rockdale County Jail as well as the state of the art facility. He understands that the success of the Jail depends upon his superb staff.
- Assistant Jail Commander — Captain Nikie Weathersby
- Lieutenant Dawn Patterson — Watch Commander
- Lieutenant Nicholas Lynn — Watch Commander
- Lieutenant Jim Bogardts — Watch Commander
- Administrative Sergeant — Sergeant Susan Watkins
- Re-entry Coordinator — Lt. Dennis Pass
- Bonding Administrator — Corporal Tijuana Harris
- Jail Administrative Clerk — Deputy Deborah Greene